RUSUTSU RESORT OVERVIEW
Rusutsu Resort is located in the village of Rusutsu, Hokkaido. Famous for consistent annual snowfall and some of the deepest and lightest powder snow in the world. The winter resort is blanketed in snow that transforms into a world class ski resort with the largest skiable area of any single resort in Hokkaido. It is approximately 90 minutes by car from Sapporo; the largest city in Hokkaido and the 5th largest city in Japan.
EARLY SEASON TRAINING PROGRAM
EA Internship programs at Rusutsu start with an early season training and certification program based out of Hakuba. Accommodation and lift passes as well as orientation activities are provided during this time. When arriving to Rusutsu staff training and induction processes help to get everyone established before the work begins.
|Rusutsu Hokkaidō||Ski||Internship Ultimate||19 Nov 17||Apr 18||USD $9475||Enquire|
Check out what's included:
- Consistent annual snowfall and some of the deepest and lightest powder in the world!
- 16 lifts that provide access to 37 beautiful trails with a combined total length of 42 km
- Variety of runs to help develop your skills, from groomed beginner runs, to steep descents with on and off-piste courses
- Approximately 90 minutes by car from Sapporo; the largest city in Hokkaido and the 5th largest city in Japan.
Interns will live in staff accommodation. This is provided at the Highland Lodge, conveniently located at the base of West Mountain, close to the Rusutsu ski area, ski school meeting room, convenience stores and bars/restaurants. Each room is equipped with bunk beds with futons, electric kettle, fridge and a communal area for eating dinner and socialising, along with a connection to wifi.
- Triple, Quad & five share bunk rooms
- Separate male and female rooms / floors
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining room
- Wifi connection throughout the resort
- Laundry facilities
- Japanese style hot springs and bathroom facilities in the same hotel (connected)
LIVING & WORKING AT rUSUTSU
Rusutsu Ski & Snowboard School is relatively large, with over 50 instructors. The team at Rusutsu operate closely with each other, creating a fun and welcoming family atmosphere at the school. Private and group lessons are given in 2 hour blocks usually 2 times a day.
At some point during the season, you will be required to sit the Level Two and Level One SAJ Exams. Training will be provided throughout the season to ensure all instructors are confident and happy to try these exams. The Rusutsu Ski School is affiliated with Ski Association of Japan and due to this, all international instructors will be asked to try their best to complete these qualifications.
Other perks of living and working at Rustsu include having access to the staff cafeteria on mountain, and a discounted entry into the local Gymnasium - don't forget that in Japan it is expected that you use specific non-marking indoor-only sports shoes for such activities.
Please note: The above information should be used as a guide and is subject to change.
Level 2 upgrade
We have developed a level 2 upgrade option based in Hakuba and specifically tailored to suit the dates of your program. The course is limited to 8 skiers only and will run from the beginning of April. The cost for this upgrade is US$2750.
- 11 Nights Of Accommodation In Hakuba
- Ski Level Two Coaching in Hakuba - (2 days)
- On Snow Analysis
- Ski Level Two Exam Fees
If you want to learn more about this level 2 upgrade option please contact our team >> HERE